Safe operation of older HPIB GC/MS systems.
Simple Upgrade Path
Uncomplicated installation on existing software.
Cost effective Solution
Inexpensive price model for the device park.
In light of recent cybersecurity threats in many enterprises, corporate IT departments are pushing for greater standardization of operating system platforms on all local desktop PCs (currently Windows 10). Isolated solutions for special laboratory software are becoming increasingly difficult to operate. On the other hand, a considerable amount of money was invested years ago in state-of-the-art GC/MS systems. In particular, the 5973A series mass spectrometers from Agilent Technologies are sensitive and robust enough to meet today's routine analytical hardware requirements. Unfortunately, the old HPIB/GPIB communication links are no longer supported under modern operating systems and current versions of MassHunter or MSD-ChemStation software. The preferred solution is then to continue working with outdated software until the "demise" of the computer or to release budget again for a new device.
Use your existing GC/MS instruments with HPIB interface for at least another decade by upgrading the communication layer of the already existing MSD-ChemStation, with the W10IB software and bring the power and security of modern operating systems back to your laboratory. Depending on your current software/hardware configuration and lab infrastructure, multiple licensing options are available. Starting with a price of 850,- EUR for the basic license (one device/one company). Another cost effective and unique solution from DOCPA.
- runs natively on Microsoft® Windows 7 or Windows 10 operating systems
- also runs within a virtual machine under different guest operating systems to support 5971A or 5972A MSDs
- can be configured as HPIB LAN gateway with support for multiple devices and network access
- fully compatible with original Agilent G1701EA MSD-ChemStation
- leaves functionality and user interface of MSD-ChemStation unchanged
- including our MassLauncher and RemoteBoot software for a safe start of an instrument session
- easy step-by-step installation from W10IB USB media
- no Dongle or other copy protection involved
- optional on-site installation with six-month warranty available
- cost-efficient solution for the existing device park
Please check the hardware and software requirements listed below in advance to find the right W10IB option. You can choose from a pre-configured, ready-to-use computer with on-site installation including warranty, to W10IB USB media with ready-to-use virtual machine or setup files for native installation on Windows 7/10.
Please note that this product has a six months warranty period and therefore an on-site installation by our service team may be required. For this reason, on-site installation is only available for European countries such as GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, BeNeLux, UK and IRELAND. For all other countries, telephone or email support is of course ensured.
- Desktop PC with Windows 7 or Windows 10 operating system installed
- min. 4 GB RAM, min. 150 GB hard disk, LAN adapter
- USB port 2.0 or higher for W10IB media (for installation only)
- 82350A/B interface card (Keysight or Agilent Technologies types only)
- a valid and unused G1701 MSD-ChemStation license(up to four instrument sessions per license are supported on a single PC)
- an activated Windows 7 or Windows 10 license for each computer